What about Sweat Equity?
Habitat believes in giving a hand up not a handout, so each Repair project recipient will have a sweat equity component for their project. Each homeowner’s physical capability will be considered before assigning the number of sweat equity hours. This number will be between 1 and 8 sweat equity hours.
If your home is in need of a repair, please follow the instructions below:
1. Fill out all sections, except Section 3 of the Repair Application; submit it either digitally, by mail, or ReStore drop-off.
2. Habitat staff will review your repair needs and determine if your repair fits within one of our repair categories and determine your financial obligation.
3. Construction staff will set up an appointment to review your repair needs if your repair is determined to be within our scope of work.
4. After household income has been verified, applications will go through a selection process, this will be determined by the number of approved Repair projects for each fiscal year. The selection criteria for the Repairs program will be the same as the new construction criteria: need for housing repair, ability to pay for a repair, and willingness to partner with HFHWC.
5. If the repair project is accepted, homeowner will be notified of their financial responsibility. If payment plans are necessary then homeowner will sign documents and provide the required 10% down payment.
6. Homeowner will be notified of their Sweat Equity hour requirements; this will not exceed 8 hours.
7. Homeowner will be notified of Repair start date.
8. After Repair is complete, homeowner will make monthly payments to Habitat per the financial agreement.